Planning a wedding is a complicated task. There are so many things you need to take care of. And like it or not, there are so many people you need to keep happy! So if you’re not organized and methodical about the whole thing, you’re not going to have the kind of wedding you want. There are many ways to stay organized, from setting up phone alerts to using a diary or planner. Here are some tips that will help you to make sure that everything that needs to get done will get done:
- Write It All Down: Not everyone is lucky enough to have an assistant who will remind us what needs to be done on what day. So it’s a good idea to get a yearly planner which is small enough to carry around with you. Put your gown fittings, your wine tasting, your cake tasting and any other task you have to do in this planner and remember to look at it at least once every day.
- Google Calendar: If you don’t want to carry a diary around with you everywhere, put the events into your Google calendar and it will remind you on the day when you need to do something.
- Checklists: When you start planning, make a checklist of everything that needs to be done. You can take the help of someone who has already planned a wedding to come up with this checklist. That way, you know you won’t miss out on anything. As you finish each task, check it off. This will give you a sense of satisfaction as well.
- Prioritize: There’s a rule called the Pareto principle which states that most people spend 80% of their time doing things which only matter 20% and the remaining 20% doing things that matter 80%. Make sure that this doesn’t reflect your method. Spend more time doing the things which matter to you. In order to do this, you’ll need to make a list of your priorities.
- Get Some Help: If you’ve tried everything and things aren’t working out, get some help. There are many halls in Orlando Florida which come with predesigned packages. Most of your wedding requirements will be taken care of right there. If that doesn’t work for you, why not get a wedding planner?
Contact us for more tips to stay organized while you’re planning your wedding.